Thursday, August 16, 2007

Did I jump the gun on the knit-along? I couldn't help myself and cast on for these yesterday — I love the pattern (great job, Rochelle!).
Branched Fern Socks over my Toes
So far, I've managed to crank out four pattern repeats, and I'm determined to get to the gusset increase rounds by the end of the day (the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance is on tonight, which provides me with two hours of uninterrupted knitting time).
I'm using fingering weight yarn dyed by Maggie in Singed Tomato, and while it's a little busy-looking with the lace pattern, I love it.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I love the yarn. No you didn't jump the gun. I didn't set a date to start. I just thought people would start when they were ready. This is the first KAL I am hosting (besides the yahoo group on the socks) so if I was supposed to designate a start date and didn't I apologize.

Anita said...

I love this. Still trying to figure out the toe up directions. I start, I get a hole in my toe, I start over, get a hole in my toe, so.....I am still figuring it out, but I will get there. I have picked out some Misti Alpaca in a beautiful red for these socks. So hopefully by Monday, I can report that things are going well.

Deborah said...

I started over the weekend and am also using the ML for 2-at-a-time socks. I chose a yummy chocolate brown from Cherry Tree Hill and have done one pattern repeat so far- hope to complete the foot by next week. I will try to take a photo and hope the brown shows up ok. Good Luck everyone!